- Located at 110 W. Burleigh Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212
- Opened in August 2011 authorized by the City of Milwaukee
- Currently 205 students enrolled
- Offers grades K4 through 8
- Maximum class size of 25.
- Student/teacher ratio of 12 per teacher including the support staff in grades K4-2
- School year of 185 days
- School day of 7 hours with 8 periods. 6 hours of instructional time per day
- All classroom teachers and professional support staff are appropriately certified by DPI
- Managed by a board of trustees.
The mission of MILWAUKEE MATH AND SCIENCE ACADEMY is to prepare our students for college by creating an effective learning community of high standards and expectations with a rigorous curriculum focusing on math, science, and technology.
We create a school culture that is built on success, respect, and accountability. The founders of Milwaukee Math and Science Academy recognize that the success of students is dependent upon the school’s ability to create a culture that fosters meaningful, sustained relationships between teachers, students, and parents and holds all stakeholders responsible for outcomes.
It is this culture that forms the foundation of our school. Milwaukee Math and Science Academy builds this culture from the point of first contact with families and throughout the students’ academic experience.