- Located at 110 W. Burleigh Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212
- Opened in August 2011 authorized by the City of Milwaukee
- Currently attend 152 student
- Enrolls 250 students for the 2012-13 school year
- Offers grades K4 through 6 in 2012-2013
- Maximum class size of 25, 15 in K4 and 18 in K5.
- Student/teacher ratio of 12 per teacher including the support staff
- School year of 185 days
- School day of 7 hours with 8 periods. 6 hours of instructional time per day
- All classroom teachers and professional support staff are appropriately certified by DPI
- Managed by a board of trustees.
The mission of Milwaukee Math and Science Academy is to create a learning community in which:
- teachers, parents and students work together to develop young people who are confident and achieve academic excellence in a powerful college prep curriculum;
- students do not question “whether” they will go to college, but instead ask “when” and “where”;
- students understand that with hard work, dreams are possible;
- students develop the skills in math, science, and technology necessary to become bold inquirers, analytical thinkers, and ethical leaders in the 21st century; and
- students are empowered to become productively engaged in the local community and broader society.
We create a school culture that is built on success, respect, and accountability. The founders of Milwaukee Math and Science Academy recognize that the success of students is dependent upon the school’s ability to create a culture that fosters meaningful, sustained relationships between teachers, students, and parents and holds all stakeholders responsible for outcomes.
It is this culture that forms the foundation of our school. Milwaukee Math and Science Academy builds this culture from the point of first contact with families and throughout the students’ academic experience.